“The primary misconception about ex-lawyers is…that we’re broke. I mean, we are, but you don’t have to rub it in.”
1. Life for a lawyer who leaves the law is…like a box of chocolates…it’s oh so damn sweet.
2. The hardest thing about being an ex-lawyer is…admitting that you’re an ex-lawyer. It sucks to be so close to being treated like a normal person, but not quite. And it also sucks that your loan repayment plan with Citibank doesn’t change either.
3. The best thing about being an ex-lawyer is…learning that it is possible to find work that you actually love. And not just that one night stand, “you’re so hot after three drinks” love, but real fairytale stuff.
4. The primary misconception about ex-lawyers is…that we’re broke. I mean, we are, but you don’t have to rub it in. Besides, that will change someday. Hopefully. Maybe. Possibly. Oh God…what have I done?
5. The main difference between my life now and my life as a lawyer is…now my idea of a nice restaurant is any place that doesn’t have a value menu. And yes, that includes street cart vendors. Maybe that’s why I don’t date lawyers now either.
Check out Cole’s work at Heygood Images Productions, Inc.