Here, we’re all about celebrating The Big Oops (as in, oops I spent three years in law school and XX years as an attorney), The Big Aha (as in, aha! it’s time to do something else in addition to lawyering), and The Big WTF?! (as in, WTF now?) and honoring you!
- Left the law decades ago;
- Have conquered the attorney world but now seek a life without billables;
- Totally bucked the advice of the office of career services your 3L year without a second thought;
- Were laid off in the recession and replied, “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!”; or
- Were politely asked to leave because you spent office hours doing something completely unrelated to your caseload
You’re already a member of The Ex-Lawyers Club. Hooray for you!
For those of you who:
- Are a weekend (and week night!) warrior;
- Have hopscotched back and forth between lawyering and something else for years; or
- Are still in law school but can’t see yourself main-lining Westlaw/Lexis for the rest of your life
We love you, too, and welcome you with open arms!